USB and iPod Input Interface for Bmw Mercedes Porsche 2003-2009 GWL1MO1
No menu structure to remember or complex operations to perform, just plug in the iPod or USB and select CD6. Music is now played through the car audio system.
Gateway Lite can accommodate iPod (with a dock cable or cradle) or USB, but to keep selection easy, there is no facility to switch between them. Whichever device was plugged in last is the one that will play.
Control of the iPod is from the click wheel and all functions will operate as normal, however the skip buttons on your radio (or steering wheel) can be used to move forward and backwards through your tracks. The device will also charge while it is plugged in to the Gateway Lite. If your USB device has a folder structure, or playlists, these can be accessed by selecting the corresponding CD number on your changer controls, up to the number of CD's your changer control is capable of handling, i.e. CD1 will play folder 1, CD2 will play folder 2 etc
Product Features begin
Product features end
- iPod docking cable/cradle sold separately.
USB media device must be formatted to FAT32 file system.
Vehicle Specific Notes
- 2004+ Mercedes C & CLS Class - Not compatible with Comand system. These vehicles must use the GW51MO2.
- 2005+ Mercedes B, CL, CLK, G, GL, M & R Class - Not compatible with Comand system. These vehicles must use the GW51MO2.
- 2003+ Mercedes E Class - Not compatible with Comand system. These vehicles must use the GW51MO2.
- For use with Non Text Compatible Head Units (Please click here to see pictures of these radios.)
2001-2005 7 Series
2005-2009 Mercedes B Class
2004-2007 Mercedes C Class
2005-2008 Mercedes CL Class
2005-2009 Mercedes CLK Class
2004-2007 Mercedes E Class
2005-2009 Mercedes G Class
2006-2009 Mercedes GL Class
2005-2009 Mercedes M Class
2005-2009 Mercedes R Class
2003-2006 Saab 9-3 - Head unit must have front or rear CD-changer support. Not compatible with Color/Monochrome displays or Navigation radios.
For more information call 1-800-727-1466